Re: [HACKERS] copy

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] copy
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck) writes:
>     I can, but it isn't a bug! At least not one in the backend.
>     The  file must contain CRLF at the end of a line instead of a
>     single LF.

Good eye!  I had noticed the odd formatting of Jose's output, but
didn't draw the right conclusion --- I thought it just got messed
up in the preparation of his mail message.

I guess the next question is whether we like this behavior or not.

I could see an argument for stripping CR if it's not quoted somehow...
but this ought to be considered in the context of the whole is-COPY-
8-bit-clean issue that keeps coming up.