Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/backend/lib stringinfo.c'

От darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/backend/lib stringinfo.c'
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thus spake Tom Lane
> Actually, what would be *really* whizzy is some way of sprintf'ing
> into a StringInfo, with the ability to auto-expand the StringInfo as
> needed.  But that requires hooking into the low-level guts of printf,
> and AFAIK there's no portable way to do it short of providing your
> own complete printf implementation.  Not worth it.

Yah, C really missed the boat there.  I remember the Aztec C compiler
for CP/M had this neato function called format() which was used to
implement all the printf functions.  You could write your own printf
type function by calling format with the function that handled the
output characters.  I was real dissapointed to find out that it wasn't
a standard function.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/backend/lib stringinfo.c'
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/backend/lib stringinfo.c'