Re: [HACKERS] Did the inet type get backed out?

От darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Did the inet type get backed out?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thus spake Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
> Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
> > I just ifdef'ed out the calls to the non-existant functions.  That is
> > all.
>
> You probably meant to.  What you did was to #ifdef out all the calls
> to the missing inet_cidr_*() functions in the code that D'Arcy added,
> _and_ the ones to the existing inet_net_*() ones that are needed for
> the code to work at all.  Easy mistake to make when things are named
> so similarly.

Ah.  I thought I had left the inet_in and inet_out alone before sending
in the patches but I wasn't sure and I have made more drastic changes
locally since then so I couldn't tell for sure.

However, I have removed the comments but it still thinks that there is
no inet type at all.

> If you remove the erroneous #ifdef BAD stuff, and apply the following
> patch to the (current) inet_net_pton.c, we'll have a working INET type
> again, only missing the improvements that D'Arcy and Paul cooperated
> to hash out.

While I'm posting anyway, Paul; do you have an ETA yet?

> Oh, and D'Arcy: about documentation: should you and I maybe bounce a
> file of SGML back and forth a couple of times, getting the type and
> functions properly described?  I can start it off if you like, but I'm
> not sure I'll be able to find time to do it until monday...

Sure.  Is there an existing file for the existing inet type that I can
start working on?