PostgreSQL grows to enormous size.

От Ean R . Schuessler
Тема PostgreSQL grows to enormous size.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote a JDBC based web app that I had been using an older version of
PostgreSQL and recently updated it to 6.3.2. In my new install PostgreSQL
will grow to enormous sizes (+100M) and then shrink back down without
any regard to the intensity of queries hitting it. Oddly, beating the snot
out of the server with lots of queries does _not_ seem to make the server
grow. It only shows the behaivior when it is getting hit by real net
connections. There are several other new elements involved (new libc6, new
Apache, new JServ, etc) but I am befoggulated by the memory growth of
PostgreSQL. Running Postmaster with -d 2 doesn't indicate anything
special when the memory bounces up and down and -d 3 proved too much for
my tiny brain pan.

I am thouroughly confused and don't really know where to start to try
and debug the problem.

Any hints?!?

ps. 6.4b2 shows the same behavior.

Ean Schuessler                                                Freak
Novare International Inc.                             Freak Central
*** WARNING: This signature may contain jokes.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Did the inet type get backed out?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Did the inet type get backed out?