Re: [HACKERS] TCL/TK library glitches in configure.in

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] TCL/TK library glitches in configure.in
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> I have removed the mention of TCL_LIB from Makefile.global.  The new
> code looks in tcconfig.sh, and gets the values there.  I just fixed it
> today.  Please check for the commented out entries in Makefile.global
> and test it to see if it works.  Seems to work here.
>
> However, I will apply the patch and remove the Makefile.global comments
> of TCL_LIB, just so we can keep it around.  I think Billy is working on
> removal of that hole section.
>
> Thanks.

    Checked out at Oct. 13 09:52 MET DST (it's +0200 so should be
    03:52 in your TZ), configured with  switches  --enable-shared
    and --with-tcl.

    Compiled  clean  and regression went through without a single
    'failed'.

    Linux i486 ELF 2.1.88

    BTW: You still mention the rewrite system on the  todo  list.
    What  was left where replacing some functions (OffsetVarNodes
    and the like) by the new versions that are now static in  the
    rewriteHandler.

    But the old versions are used by the parser somewhere and I'm
    not totally sure if switching there to use the new ones would
    have any side effects.

    Things are stable now and working for what we currently have.
    I'll not touch the rewrite system  (except  for  bugs)  again
    before 6.4 is released.  Please close the item.

    When  we  go  on  and develop for 6.5 I think we will work on
    more capabilities in the parser/planner (e.g.  subselects  in
    the   targetlist,   outer  joins  etc.).  This  will  require
    additions in the rewrite system and then it's time to get  on
    it again.

Jan