Re: [HACKERS] TCL/TK library glitches in configure.in

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] TCL/TK library glitches in configure.in
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> > I have removed the mention of TCL_LIB from Makefile.global.  The new
> > code looks in tcconfig.sh, and gets the values there.  I just fixed it
> > today.  Please check for the commented out entries in Makefile.global
> > and test it to see if it works.  Seems to work here.
> >
> > However, I will apply the patch and remove the Makefile.global comments
> > of TCL_LIB, just so we can keep it around.  I think Billy is working on
> > removal of that hole section.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

>     Checked out at Oct. 13 09:52 MET DST (it's +0200 so should be
>     03:52 in your TZ), configured with  switches  --enable-shared
>     and --with-tcl.

Cool.  I think with Billy's help, we can remove the while tcl testing
section from configure.in, at least the part that was bound to specific
tcl/tk directories and version numbers.

>     Compiled  clean  and regression went through without a single
>     'failed'.
>
>     Linux i486 ELF 2.1.88
>
>     BTW: You still mention the rewrite system on the  todo  list.
>     What  was left where replacing some functions (OffsetVarNodes
>     and the like) by the new versions that are now static in  the
>     rewriteHandler.
>
>     But the old versions are used by the parser somewhere and I'm
>     not totally sure if switching there to use the new ones would
>     have any side effects.
>
>     Things are stable now and working for what we currently have.
>     I'll not touch the rewrite system  (except  for  bugs)  again
>     before 6.4 is released.  Please close the item.

OK, this is all I was waiting for.  I suspected that was the case, but
needed to hear it from you.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] dynamic libraries
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] dynamic libraries