Re: [HACKERS] Priviliges on tables and views

От darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Priviliges on tables and views
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thus spake Vadim B. Mikheev
> > CREATE VIEW passwd AS SELECT uid, login, bid, gcos, home, shell
> >     FROM account WHERE a_active = 't';
> >
> > REVOKE ALL ON passwd FROM PUBLIC;
> > GRANT SELECT ON passwd TO PUBLIC;
> >
> > Unfortunately this doesn't work.  The VIEW inherits the permissions
> > from the table it is a view of.  It seems to me that allowing a view
> > to define permissions separately from its parent would be a useful
> > thing.  So, does anyone know if this behaviour is allowed by the
> > SQL spec and if it is allowed, would this be difficult to do?
>
> This is allowed by SQL and this is very useful thing. Not easy to implement:
> views are handled by RULES - after parsing and before planning, - but
> permissions are checked by executor (execMain.c:InitPlan()->ExecCheckPerms()).

Oh well.  Is it worth putting on the TODO list at least?  Maybe someone
will get to it eventually.

In the meantime, how close are we to being able to update views?  I can
do what I want that way - just make two tables with public perms on
one but not the other and make a view for the combined table instead
of for a subset of a table.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] grant still broken
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] grant still broken