Re: [HACKERS] grant still broken

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] grant still broken
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Well, I've rebuilt postgres again, using a fresh cvs snapshot, and grant
> is still broken.
>
> Infact, it gets worse. Once you try to use the grant statement, then any
> other connection that was active at that time - even on different
> databases, will die with the same message, hinting it may be something in
> shared memory that's breaking.
>
> Heres the output of psql, first as user postgres:
>
> [postgres@maidast pgsql]$ psql -h localhost db1
> Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:
>   Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL
>
>    type \? for help on slash commands
>    type \q to quit
>    type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
>  You are currently connected to the database: db1
>
> db1=> create table a (id int4,url text);
> CREATE
> db1=> insert into a values (1,'http://www.demon.co.uk/finder');
> INSERT 18250 1
> db1=> grant all on a to public;
> PQexec() -- Request was sent to backend, but backend closed the channel
> before responding.
>         This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or
> while processing the request.

Gee, still works fine here under bsd/os 3.0.

    #$ sql test
    Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:
      Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL

       type \? for help on slash commands
       type \q to quit
       type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
     You are currently connected to the database: test

    test=> create table a (id int4,url text);
    CREATE
    test=> insert into a values (1,'http://www.demon.co.uk/finder');
    INSERT 143530 1
    test=> grant all on a to public;
    CHANGE
    test=>

--
Bruce Momjian
maillist@candle.pha.pa.us

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Priviliges on tables and views
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Priviliges on tables and views