Re: Inside the Regex Engine

От david@fetter.org (David Fetter)
Тема Re: Inside the Regex Engine
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> david@fetter.org (David Fetter) writes:
>> While PL/Perl is great, it's not available everywhere, and I'd like
>> to be able to grab atoms from a regex match in, say, a SELECT.  Is
>> there some way to get access to them?
>
> There's a three-parameter variant of substring() that allows
> extraction of a portion of a regex match --- unfortunately it uses
> SQL99's brain-dead notion of regex, which will not satisfy any Perl
> weenie :-(
>
> I think it'd be worth our while to define some comparable
> functionality that depends only on the POSIX regex engine ...

What pieces of the source code would be involved?

Cheers,
phone: +1 510 893 6100    cell: +1 415 235 3778

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first
woman she meets and then teams up with three complete strangers
to kill again.         Marin County newspaper's TV listing for The Wizard of Oz