Generating a range of integers in a query

От Aaron Bingham
Тема Generating a range of integers in a query
Дата
Re: Generating a range of integers in a query  ("Jim Buttafuoco" <jim@contactbda.com>)
Re: Generating a range of integers in a query  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hello,

I've got an interesting problem: I need to select all possible values
of an attribute that do /not/ occur in the database.

This would be easy (in my case at least) if there were a way to
generate a table containing all integers between 1 and n, where n is
the result of a subquery.  In my case, n will be at most a few
hundred.  I would like to be able to generate this table as a
subquery.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Aaron Bingham
Senior Software Engineer