Re: SELECT * FROM LIMIT 1; is really slow Поиск
От Manfred Koizar
Тема Re: SELECT * FROM LIMIT 1; is really slow
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 28 May 2004 14:47:01 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>If putting back xmax is the price we must pay for nested transactions,
>then we *will* pay that price.  Maybe not in this release, but it will
>inevitably happen.

"we" = every Postgres user, even those that do not use subtransactions.

"price" = 2% to 5% performance loss for databases where the working set
is larger than main memory.

>Don't bother hollering "veto" ;-)

Ok, I'll shut up till I have something concrete to support my opinion.

ServusManfred