Re: BUG #7748: "drop owned by" fails with error message: "unrecognized object class: 1262"

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: BUG #7748: "drop owned by" fails with error message: "unrecognized object class: 1262"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote on 09.12.2012 17:43:
> spam_eater@gmx.net writes:
>> postgres=# create user testuser with password 'secret';
>> CREATE ROLE
>> postgres=# create database testdb owner testuser;
>> CREATE DATABASE
>> testdb=> drop owned by testuser;
>> ERROR:  unrecognized object class: 1262
>
> I can reproduce this in all versions back to 8.3.  In 8.2, the role's
> ownership of the database is silently ignored, which I think was the
> design intention.  I doubt that we want DROP OWNED dropping whole
> databases.  At most maybe we should raise a NOTICE?

I don't want to drop the database, just all objects that are created by that user (tables, schemas, ...)
(In my example I first create a table)

And this has definitely worked before, otherwise my unit tests would have failed all the time.

Regards
Thomas