Re: BUG #7748: "drop owned by" fails with error message: "unrecognized object class: 1262"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #7748: "drop owned by" fails with error message: "unrecognized object class: 1262"
Дата
Re: BUG #7748: "drop owned by" fails with error message: "unrecognized object class: 1262"  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
Re: BUG #7748: "drop owned by" fails with error message: "unrecognized object class: 1262"  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
spam_eater@gmx.net writes:
> postgres=# create user testuser with password 'secret';
> CREATE ROLE
> postgres=# create database testdb owner testuser;
> CREATE DATABASE
> testdb=> drop owned by testuser;
> ERROR:  unrecognized object class: 1262

I can reproduce this in all versions back to 8.3.  In 8.2, the role's
ownership of the database is silently ignored, which I think was the
design intention.  I doubt that we want DROP OWNED dropping whole
databases.  At most maybe we should raise a NOTICE?