Re: Maximum number of concurrent users

От Rainer Bauer
Тема Re: Maximum number of concurrent users
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Scott Marlowe" wrote:

>On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Mathias Stjernström
><mathias@globalinn.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have no experience running postgreSQL under windows but when reading the
>> Windows FAQ (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_windows.html#4.4)
>> Its seem like you can get in trouble with some of the libraries that
>> postgres uses.
>>
>> Regarding performance it's hard to tell because of all the different factors
>> like raid type/disk count/type of queries/indexes etc. etc.
>>
>> But it sounds like the machine is to weak to handle 1000 concurrent queries.
>
>Oh my, I missed the windows part.  If you need to handle 1000
>concurrent queries, I can't think of any db I'd want to use on windows
>to do that.  Even Oracle would advise you to run on some flavor of
>unix.  Maybe MSSQL server can handle it.

Postgres cannot handle that on windows. See

<http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running_%26_Installing_PostgreSQL_On_Native_Windows#I_cannot_run_with_more_than_about_125_connections_at_once.2C_despite_having_capable_hardware>

Rainer

От: "H. Hall"
Сообщение: Re: Managing connections
От: "Amit jain"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pg_restore -d cipa /cipa/RAJASTHAN/RAJASTHAN/CIPABACKUP01_08_2008.TAR pg_restore: [archiver] out of memory