Re: obtain the difference between successive rows

От Jasen Betts
Тема Re: obtain the difference between successive rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2012-10-20, Berend Tober <btober@broadstripe.net> wrote:
> Thalis Kalfigkopoulos wrote:
>>>
>>> I think you can do it with a window function.
>>>

>> In particular you're looking probably for the lag() window function.
>
> What about if there is more than one column you want the
> difference for (... coincidentally I am writing a article on this
> topic right now! ...), say a table which is used to record a
> metered quantity at not-quite regular intervals:
>
> CREATE TABLE electricity
> (
>    current_reading_date date,
>    current_meter_reading integer
> );
>

> with sample data:
>

> '2012-09-07',2158
> '2012-10-05',3018
>

> and I want an output such as:
>

> Meter Read on October 5
>
> Current      Previous          kWh
> Reading         Reading          Used
> -----------------------------------
> 3018   -    2158   =    860
>
> Number service days = 28
>

> I am working on a write-up of a neat solution using CTE's, but
> would be interested in other's views.

electricity meter may bis a bad example as usage meters often have
fewer digits than are needed to track all historical usage

eg:

 '2012-05-07',997743
 '2012-06-06',999601
 '2012-07-05',000338
 '2012-08-06',001290
 '2012-09-07',002158
 '2012-10-05',003018

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

От: Vlad
Сообщение: Re: High SYS CPU - need advise