Re: idle in transaction query makes server unresponsive

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: idle in transaction query makes server unresponsive
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scot Kreienkamp wrote on 25.09.2012 22:35:
> The application is using a pooler and generally runs around 100
> connections, but I've seen it as high as 200 during the day for
> normal use.  It's on a large server; 64 cores total and about 500
> gigs of memory.  That's one of the reasons I left it at 512
> connections.

We had several web applications where performance was *improved*
by configuring the connection pool have a a lot less connections.

There is a threshold where too many connections
will simply flood the server. Lowering the number of processes
fighting for resource makes each process faster.

You might want to give it a try.