Re: more 10K disks or less 15K disks

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: more 10K disks or less 15K disks
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 3:18 PM, Anj Adu <fotographs@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you all for the comments
>
> We have not benchmarked the new hardware yet..however..we do have
> existing hardware that deals with very high volumes and handle pretty
> well (Dell 2950 Intel 5430 8-cores with 6x450G 15K disks and 32G RAM -
> Perc 6iRaid controllers) with minimal IO wait . there are ususally
> about10-15 threads running at peak time with an average of 4-10
> threads overall.
>
> We are looking at high density boxes due to increasing storage requirements.

I assume the 24 2.5" box is the supermicro 2U machine?  Those are
quite impressive little chassis's.  If you need something bigger, take
a look at this:

http://www.aberdeeninc.com/abcatg/Stirling-X881.htm

You can add up to 8 16 disk JBOD boxes to it if needs be as well.

Сообщение: Re: more 10K disks or less 15K disks
Сообщение: Re: more 10K disks or less 15K disks