Re: acessibility for tables

От Philipp Kraus
Тема Re: acessibility for tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

I have recreated the view and the trigger function, now it works. I don't know why it does not run on my first try.

My functions shows now:

BEGIN

    IF TG_OP = 'INSERT' then

        insert into mytargettable values NEW;

    ELSIF TG_OP = 'UPDATE' then

        raise notice 'UPDATE trigger, OLD = [%], NEW = [%]', OLD, NEW;

    ELSE

        raise notice 'DELETE trigger, OLD = [%]', OLD;

    END IF;

    raise exception 'trigger uncomplete ended';

END;

Is this a correct structure, so that each trigger-typ must be run a SQL statement?

Can I pass the NEW and OLD argument to the original table eg insert into mytargettable values NEW,

or update mytargettable from NEW?

Thanks

Phil