acessibility for tables

От Kraus Philipp
Тема acessibility for tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I new on this mailing list and I need a little bit help for an idea to create different accesses to a database with
Postgres9.1.
I'm using this PG version at the time and I have created a database with a scheme "storage". Within this schema are
some
tables, datatypes and stored procedure and each table has got a field "owner" with is filled with the current_user on
insert.
The tables does not have any constraint to the pg system tables because the username need not to be null, so I use the
full character user name.

I don't want that any user can do something like "select * from storage.table". My target ist, that the user can only
see
these datasets, which he/she is owned (the field owner must be equal to current_user). IMHO I have created some
view within the public scheme, so the user can select the datasets on this views, but I can't insert / update on views,
so
I would like to write some procedure which can be updated and insert new data. So on this case my question is:
Can I suppress any access to the "storage" schema only the datbase itself should be do anything on it?
Is this a good idea to create this different access? Is there a better solution with postgres?

I would like to denied any access to all datasets which are not owned.

Thanks

Phil

Сообщение: Re: Populate Table From Two Other Tables
Сообщение: Re: Populate Table From Two Other Tables