Re: BUG #5393: Installer sets superuser password if passwords don't match

От Dave Page
Тема Re: BUG #5393: Installer sets superuser password if passwords don't match
Дата
Re: BUG #5393: Installer sets superuser password if passwords don't match  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
I can't help thinking that as a community we don't do ourselves any
favours at all by being so damn pedantic about where bugs should be
reported. What must new users think when they get chastised for
reporting a *PostgreSQL* Installer bug, from an insraller they
probably got via www.postgresql.org on that same website?

If this is a real problem for people, perhaps someone should update
the web form to ask for the sub-project and direct the bug reports
accordingly rather than have us continue to bleat at users.
Volunteers?

Back on topic - there are of course a number of people working on the
installers who watch this list, and as one of them I can confirm that
this issue was noted and resolved just this week.