Re: Database level encryption

От Timothy Madden
Тема Re: Database level encryption
Дата
Re: Database level encryption  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Re: Database level encryption  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
The machine is a mini-laptop running almost all day time (actually
there are many of them) and if the machine is captured it is likely to
be captured while running. With an encrypted file system if the
machine is already booted you already have access to the file system
and can simply copy it and even place back the machine without anyone
notice anything.

With an encrypted database, you need the password anytime you connect,
even if another application already has an open connection.