Re: How to retrieve column names for tables with underscores

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: How to retrieve column names for tables with underscores
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Maciek Sakrejda wrote on 24.03.2011 22:02:
>> Interesting enough, the setting of standard_conforming_strings does not seem
>> to affect this at all. Am I missing something?
>
> Doesn't seem to affect what, exactly?

The escape character returned by getSearchStringEscape()

>It definitely affects how
> backslashes are interpreted, and unless the current version of the
> JDBC driver injects the 'E' escape syntax (with the 'E' prefix,
> backslash escape sequences are interpreted regardless of the setting)
> in a cavalier manner into the LIKE expression comparisons for
> getColumns() (the one I have handy doesn't seem to), you should see
> different behavior.

Regardless of the setting of standard_conforming_strings passing \_ to getColumns() always works properly.

See Kris' answer for details.

Regards
Thomas

Сообщение: Re: How to retrieve column names for tables with underscores
Сообщение: Re: How to retrieve column names for tables with underscores