Re: MySQL versus Postgres

От Torsten Zühlsdorff
Тема Re: MySQL versus Postgres
Дата
Re: MySQL versus Postgres  (John Gage <jsmgage@numericable.fr>)
Re: MySQL versus Postgres  (Scott Frankel <frankel@circlesfx.com>)
Список pgsql-general
John Gage schrieb:

> On reflection, I think what is needed is a handbook that features cut
> and paste code to do the things with Postgres that people do today with
> MySQL.

Everyone of my trainees want such thing - for databases, for other
programming-languages etc. It's the worst thing you can give them. The<
will copy, they will paste and they will understand nothing. Learning is
the way to understanding, not copying.

Greetings,
Torsten
--
http://www.dddbl.de - ein Datenbank-Layer, der die Arbeit mit 8
verschiedenen Datenbanksystemen abstrahiert,