Re: Could you teach me, How can we specify password when using psql....

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Could you teach me, How can we specify password when using psql....
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 01:35:58PM +0900, 노현석 wrote:
>> when using oracle sqlplus.. we can specify password.
>> $ sqlplus system/manager
>>
>> Could you teach me, How can we specify password when using psql....
>> $ psql -p 5432 -h rac2 -d mydb -U hsnoh
>> Password for user hsnoh:

> Overall, it's better to use a .pgpass (pgpass.conf on Windows)

The reason why psql doesn't have that is that putting a password
directly on the command line is a security hole: any other process
on the machine can see psql's command line, on most platforms.

It's a security hole for Oracle, too --- you shouldn't be doing
things that way.