Re: Postgres blob question - insert from basic.

От Jasen Betts
Тема Re: Postgres blob question - insert from basic.
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
> If you really want to have your blobs stored in the database, I'd
> recommend using a "bytea" column as Jean-Yves suggests -- this way you
> won't need superuser privs to insert your data, and you'll avoid the
> additional complication of lo_import() only working on files on the
> server's filesystem. There might be a way to insert OID records
> without using lo_import() and without needing PG superuser privileges,
> but I haven't tried.

there is an sql method but I have not found the documentation (it's used in SQL
backups) there's also the libpq lo_open lo_read lo_write functions

that said bytea works well for most purposes, if working in raw sql encode()
can be used to convert the double-escaped data to more easily handled base64

Сообщение: Re: Postgres blob question - insert from basic.
Сообщение: Re: Postgres blob question - insert from basic.