Re: Postgres blob question - insert from basic.

От richard terry
Тема Re: Postgres blob question - insert from basic.
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tuesday 24 November 2009 22:23:01 Jasen Betts wrote:
> > If you really want to have your blobs stored in the database, I'd
> > recommend using a "bytea" column as Jean-Yves suggests -- this way you
> > won't need superuser privs to insert your data, and you'll avoid the
> > additional complication of lo_import() only working on files on the
> > server's filesystem. There might be a way to insert OID records
> > without using lo_import() and without needing PG superuser privileges,
> > but I haven't tried.
>
> there is an sql method but I have not found the documentation (it's used in
>  SQL backups) there's also the libpq lo_open lo_read lo_write functions
>
> that said bytea works well for most purposes, if working in raw sql
>  encode() can be used to convert the double-escaped data to more easily
>  handled base64

I've settled for bytea at the moment and using the ordinary gambas database
object its workingly simply and quickly, at least with images so far.

thanks for all the replies.

Regards

Richard

От: Jasen Betts
Сообщение: Re: Postgres blob question - insert from basic.
От: Nathaniel Trellice
Сообщение: Bit count