Re: I spoke with Marc from the postgresql mailing list.

От Wayne Brown
Тема Re: I spoke with Marc from the postgresql mailing list.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, Gary L. Burnore wrote:
>
>> This isn't about encouraging ISP's to carry your lists. It's about
>> fixing a problem caused by your list's gateways.
>
> A problem that you perceive, yet nobody else seems to ... very isolated
> problem ... of coufse, you *could* set the group to moderated on your news
> server, with approprait moderator address setup, and be done with it ...
> in fact, I even offered you a direct feed so that time delays were at a
> minimum ... *shrug*
>
> Russ has already commented that he a) understands what we are doing
> (which, apparently you don't, but that's okay) and b) knows of other
> groups doing similar gatewaying ...

I'd have no problem with it if you either didn't use Big-8 names or
else kept your gateway groups restricted to your own server.  But these
groups are propagating to *other* servers which is a clear violation of
the spirit of USENET.  If these groups are not added to the "official"
checkgroups list (either through the normal voting process or by fiat
from Russ et al.) then I intend to request that my ISP remove them from
our server.

--
Wayne Brown  (HPCC #1104)  | "When your tail's in a crack, you improvise
fwbrown@bellsouth.net      |  if you're good enough.  Otherwise you give
                           |  your pelt to the trapper."
"e^(i*pi) = -1"  -- Euler  |           -- John Myers Myers, "Silverlock"

От: "Sim Zacks"
Сообщение: Re: PostGreSQL to Access Updatable recordset
От: tomtailor@freesurf.fr (chris)
Сообщение: Data from Internet direct into PostgeSQL Database??