Re: PosgreSQL Service does not Start In Vista

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: PosgreSQL Service does not Start In Vista
Дата
Re: PosgreSQL Service does not Start In Vista  (Inigo Barandiaran <ibarandiaran@vicomtech.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Inigo Barandiaran, 02.09.2009 14:53:
> Thanks Thomas!.
> That sounds very interesting. How can I set privileges for writing in data
> directory for the postgres  user account?.
Right click on the directory and choose "Security". Anything after that is off-topic in this list ;)

> Or is it very to directly install
> posgreSQL out of "Program Files" Directory?

Putting application data into "Program Files" is a very bad idea in general, not only for Postgres.
I'm not sure if the current installer still suggests this, but this was a major flaw in the installers I have used
before.The installer does offer the possibility to change this, but how many people really take the time to read the
wizardpages?

Thomas

От: Sam Mason
Сообщение: Re: Join efficiency
От: Inigo Barandiaran
Сообщение: Re: PosgreSQL Service does not Start In Vista