Re: Regular expression for lower case to upper case.

От Eagna
Тема Re: Regular expression for lower case to upper case.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi, and thanks for your input,

> Tha said, the replacement string in some editors (like Vim) and some
> programming languages (like Perl) provides syntax for changing case
> (both vi(m) and Perl use \u and \U...\E for uppercasing).

This is probably why I was so frustrated - I thought that there should be an equivalent in PostgreSQL.

I was going mad trying all of these from my searches.

> > I know about the UPPER() and LOWER() functions and they are not what I want.

> Can you elaborate why you can't use those?

I want to index on a REGEXP_REPLACE() - I thought using lower -> upper would be a good test.

I could always have used another REGEXP_REPLACE() for my testing, but I then became "obsessed"  with the idea of using
REGEXP_REPLACE()as a substitute for UPPER() - kind of an obfuscated code competition with myself! :-)

Again, thanks for your input.

E.