Re: A bit confused about Postgres Plus

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: A bit confused about Postgres Plus
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Dave,

Dave Page, 17.12.2008 11:05:
> These are really questions for us (EnterpriseDB rather than
> pgsql-general) - especially as none of the pricing or support pages
> are linked directly from postgresql.org.

Yes, partially :)

But then the upgrade path from Postgres to the Advanced Server is a very good argument for choosing Postgres (and a
majoradvantage over other so-called OpenSource RDBMS), so that's why I chose to post to pgsql-general - and because I
knowyou guys are reading this :)

> - Advanced Server is not Open Source, and includes our Oracle
> compatibility, replication/migration tools, GridSQL, DBA Management
> Server and other tools.

That's what I thought as well.

It's a bit confusing that the documentation link on the right hand side _seems_ to relate to the current product (which
itdoesn't) and then includes the compatibility guide.

Maybe you should have column on http://www.enterprisedb.com/learning/documentation.do indicating for package the
documentis relevant.

> Yeah, that is a little confusing. I think what it's trying to tell you
> is what amount of support you get for the subscription level you buy
> *should you choose to buy support from us*. Obviously you do not have
> to buy anything from us to use the PostgreSQL or Postgres Plus
> Standard Server packages for development or production.
>
> I'll ask the marketing folks to look at improving that.
Fine :)

Thanks for the quick answer and clarification.

Thomas