'out of tree' compile (was: Two weeks to feature freeze)

От Manfred Koizar
Тема 'out of tree' compile (was: Two weeks to feature freeze)
Дата
Re: 'out of tree' compile (was: Two weeks to feature  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 22:55:45 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
wrote:
>> I've not tried, but if PostgreSQL can do an 'out of tree' compile it
>> could make it much easier.
>
>Yes it can, following the usual procedure for autoconfiscated trees:
>just invoke configure from an empty directory, eg
>    mkdir build
>    cd build
>    ../pgsql/configure

I do this all the time.  Works pretty well.  The only minor annoyance
is that some files are created in the source tree:

./src/backend/bootstrap/bootparse.c
./src/backend/bootstrap/bootscanner.c
./src/backend/bootstrap/bootstrap_tokens.h
./src/backend/parser/gram.c
./src/backend/parser/parse.h
./src/backend/parser/scan.c
./src/backend/utils/misc/guc-file.c
./src/bin/psql/sql_help.h
./src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc/pgc.c
./src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc/preproc.c
./src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc/preproc.h
./src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl.tab.h
./src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_gram.c
./src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_scan.c

This didn't itch enough to make me scratch ;-)

ServusManfred