Re: Two weeks to feature freeze

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Two weeks to feature freeze
Дата
Re: Two weeks to feature freeze  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca> writes:
> I've not tried, but if PostgreSQL can do an 'out of tree' compile it
> could make it much easier.

Yes it can, following the usual procedure for autoconfiscated trees:
just invoke configure from an empty directory, egmkdir buildcd build../pgsql/configure

This is something that breaks regularly because few of the key
developers use it :-(.  If there were automatic tests that used that
build setup, it would be a good thing 'cause it'd keep us honest.

> That said, poor cleanup would be a result of
> a broken make clean.

Not to worry, the developers will notice that case fast enough.
I think the auto test script should just rm -rf build and then
proceed as above.