Re: plpythonu

От Sim Zacks
Тема Re: plpythonu
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm a fan of unsecured languages in the database.
Obviously they should only be used by people who understand the difference.
I wouldn't want python locked down.
That would prevent so many different external functions that can now be integrated into the database.

Among other things that I currently do with plpythonu is a function that reads a template file,
populates it with data and saves the file to the server. It then FTPs the file to another server.
It certainly can all be done outside of the database, but it is so much easier (and less maintenance)
to include it as a function.

Sim