Re: database tuning

От kelvan
Тема Re: database tuning
Дата
Re: database tuning
Список pgsql-performance
you know what you lot have left my original question this server is a
temporary piece of shit

my original question is what are the overheads for postgres but obviously no
one knows or no one knows where a webpage containing this information is -_-

overhead information i would to know is row overheads column overheads and
header overheads for blocks and anything else i have missed

trust me postgres and a Mac don't like working together you have no idea the
amount of problems we have incurred with php trying to talk to postgres on a
Mac out biggest problem is Mac tecs are incompetent and we cannot get any
support for the server I know postgres connects fine just we cannot get it
working on the Mac so I love your guys ideas but they don't work that's why
I have had to take another approach if we were not using a Mac we would have
none of the problems we have with connection issues such as php seems to
want to take up 20 db connections at a time but I think we fixed that
problem overall our problem is the Mac and we cannot get it support

neither I nor the web app developer are Mac savvy hell as far as we have
seen no Mac tec is Mac savvy either we cannot get parts of postgres to run
on a Mac either such as pgagent which is necessary for us but we cannot seem
to find a daemon that works on a Mac

I have a list of problems a mile long and none of them are postgres it is
the Mac

so minus all that as the Mac is only a temporary solution can anyone just
answer the original question for me if not and I mean no offence to anyone
but I really don't care as I am going to re do it all later down the track

as I have said your ideas sound good just not Mac oriented nor are they to
do with my original question I have never had trouble finding overhead
information on any other DBMS I have used this is the first time I have had
to ask for it and since this DBMS is open source I have to ask a community
rather than a company

if anyone is wondering why I don't switch now money and time are not on my
side

and for those who wonder why don't I leave this job is big time just starts
off small time but the potential of this job is very nice and as they say if
you want something good you have to work hard for it I am not a fan of
taking the easy way out as it brings no benefits

for those who want to know more I cannot tell you as I am under a
confidentiality agreement

regards
Kelvan