Re: Create multiple users, to have all privileges on each others objects/relations

От Ron
Тема Re: Create multiple users, to have all privileges on each others objects/relations
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 11/15/20 9:46 AM, otar shavadze wrote:
Hello,
How can create multi users so, that they all have permissions on each others DB objects ?
What I did (From "postgres" user):

CREATE ROLE postgres_subuser1 PASSWORD 'some_password';
CREATE ROLE postgres_subuser2 PASSWORD 'some_password';

ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES FOR ROLE postgres_subuser1 GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON TABLES TO postgres_subuser1;
ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES FOR ROLE postgres_subuser2 GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON TABLES TO postgres_subuser2;

Then  I logged in with "postgres_subuser1" and created table "table1".
Then  I logged in with "postgres_subuser2" and tried: "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM table1". This gives error:  "permission denied for table table1"

Tell please, What is my mistake?

Try creating a "group" role, and then "user" roles which inherit from the "group" role.