Re: [DOCS] Partition: use triggers instead of rules

От Usama Dar
Тема Re: [DOCS] Partition: use triggers instead of rules
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
i would say have both, but just mention that for performance reasons its better to use triggers.

On Nov 29, 2007 8:29 PM, Michael Paesold <mpaesold@gmx.at > wrote:
NikhilS wrote:
>> The argument I made for keeping the example around is not
> dependent on
>> the assumption that using a rule is a good idea.  It's dependent on
>>  the established fact that we have recommended that in prior
>> releases, and therefore people are going to be seeing that
>> construct in real databases.
>
> And they could refer back to the older version of the documentation
> for it. In fact, we should mention that in the patch:
>
> <note><para>If you have a partitioning setup that uses rules please
> refer to the 8.2 documentation on partitioning</para></note>
>
> +1

I would also add another sentence about *why* the recommendation was
changed. We have one rule-based setup here, and it has been working
flawlessly for us,... so personally I don't even know the reasons.

Best Regards
Michael Paesold

Usama Munir Dar
Consultant Architect