Re: pgAdmin 4.x vs pgAdmin 3.x

От Mark Murawski
Тема Re: pgAdmin 4.x vs pgAdmin 3.x
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
More to Add:

Core features missing from pgadmin4
-There's no search functionality in the sql-query/function editor
-You cannot dynamically change the font size bigger/smaller with
ctrl-mouse-scroll
-You cannot open a query in a new window
-Functions all open up in a tab named 'Query-untitled' with no obvious
way to change the title.  Once you have 3+ functions open, the
navigation is unwieldy
-'View Data' opens up in tabs named 'Query-1', 'Query-2'...etc.
navigation is unwieldy once the tab is opened.
-my favorite feature of pgadmin3 data viewer: double click on a column
to auto-side the column... is missing

Things that would be nice to have:
- View next 100/500/1000/etc rows instead of being limited to the top or
bottom rows
- ability to edit the query from a 'view data' click.. if there is a
primary key on the table... still allow editing
- reordering columns in the 'create table' dialog
- show 'create script'-style sql for when clicking on an item (I think
we all agree you can safely hide the dashboard once you're clicking
around in the schema)

While I completely understand the push to new technology and an easier
codebase to maintain... but with all these major usability issues,
pgadmin4 is definitely not ready for prime time and many of us would
appreciate some continued development on pgadmin3 by the core team.

I suggest starting up a page to keep track of all these features that
are must-haves and then the community can vote and prioritize?

On 11/23/16 09:54, Tomek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Regarding the release of pgAdmin 4 I need to point out some problems I'm facing with the new version.
>
> First and most annoying - it is slow, really slow - one thing that pgAdmin had over other db management systems
(MySQLWorkbench, Microsoft Management Studio etc.) was its speed - now it's gone...

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: PgAdmin4 STILL not usable when installed from RPMs on Fedora linux
От: "Nigel Tucker"
Сообщение: Re: PgAdmin 4 not working in Windows 10