Re: broken restore.sql script !?

От Christian Sengstock
Тема Re: broken restore.sql script !?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
hi again,

2006/2/22, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
"Christian Sengstock" <csengstock@gmail.com> writes:
> The function is created outside of the 'geo' schema, but after that, the
> 'alter function' statement tries to alter the function inside of the 'geo'
> schema.

This is pg_dump's normal method of operation.  There should have been a
"SET search_path = geo, pg_catalog;" command somewhere before the
excerpt you gave.

does that mean a prior "SET search_path = geo, pg_catalog;" would create the function inside of the geo schema ? i have this setting but it's not working for me, despite the function is in the public schema.

i use /> psql -d mydb -U user -f restore.sql

to restore it. Could the behaviour be different when using 'pg_restore'  ?

thanx,
chris