Re: Postgresql Upgrade from 10 to 14

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Postgresql Upgrade from 10 to 14
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/8/23 18:03, thayanban thay wrote:
>    Hi Team,
>
> I need some help or suggestions for the below issue. Please provide
> answers what to do now. We re in critical position to handle the issue.
>
> Issue: We upgraded postgresql from 10 to 14 version, post to the upgrade
> , queries are running very slower than normal expected time. As well as
> the queries are not getting completed . We did vacuum analyze, index
> recreation and analyze statements etc but no luck still the job queries
> are running slower like 10hrs , 14hrs . So please help what we need to
> do to fix the issue.-
>
> Actually we have spark scala application that will use JDBC driver to
> make connection to the postgresql and then execute the queries. Before
> upgrade the same application used to complete in very lesser time like
> 10mts but now its taking 14hrs and not getting completed.
>
> Not sure why upgrade making slower in performance. Previously the job
> used to complete in lesser time.
>
> Please advise and provide suggestion what inorder to do fix the issue.
> Kindly help and waiting for good reply with exact solutions

More information needed:

1) OS and version?

2) Where is server hosted, on your machines or a service?

3) The hardware specifications for the machine?

4) How was the upgrade done?

5) An example of a slow query with the output of EXPLAIN <the_query>

6) What version of the JDBC driver?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com