Re: Postgresql Upgrade from 10 to 14

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgresql Upgrade from 10 to 14
Дата
Список pgsql-general
thayanban thay <thayanban96@gmail.com> writes:
> Issue: We upgraded postgresql from 10 to 14 version, post to the upgrade ,
> queries are running very slower than normal expected time. As well as the
> queries are not getting completed . We did vacuum analyze, index recreation
> and analyze statements etc but no luck still the job queries are running
> slower like 10hrs , 14hrs . So please help what we need to do to fix the
> issue.

You are unlikely to get any useful advice when you've provided no details.
You need to identify which query or queries has gotten slower, and post
the problem queries along with related table schemas and EXPLAIN output.
See

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Slow_Query_Questions

for some advice about how to ask answerable performance questions.

Just a shot in the dark: some people upgrading past v12 have found that
queries using WITH got slower because WITH clauses can now be inlined
whereas the previous behavior was always the equivalent of WITH ... AS
MATERIALIZED.  The new behavior is usually better but we have seen
cases where it loses.  Your issue could be something else entirely
though.