Re: checkpoint process use too much memory

От MichaelDBA
Тема Re: checkpoint process use too much memory
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You said: "the work_mem is 128MB, so they could use mostly 25GB memory,"

But work_mem is sometimes very deceiving based on types of queries executed.  You may need many work_mem buffers for a single query. So 8 buffers used = 1GB.  So it could conceivable surpass 25GB easily.  I would do some explaining on your SQL workload.

Regards,
Michael Vitale