Re: pg_config.h.win32 missing a set of flags from pg_config.h.inadded in v11 development

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: pg_config.h.win32 missing a set of flags from pg_config.h.inadded in v11 development
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 02/06/18 17:09, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> writes:
>> ... Making HAVE_X509_GET_SIGNATURE_NID a hard requirement bumps the
>> minimal version of OpenSSL supported to 1.0.2, which is something I
>> would not feel much sorry about either like Heikki, as I have heard of
>> many vendors maintaining OpenSSL past versions on Linux, but not yet on
>> Windows.  It is easy to be wrong when it comes to any company policies
>> though.
>
> I have assorted pet dinosaurs using 0.9.8x or 0.9.8y, but I'm not
> sure that any of those still represent credible real-world cases.
> More concerning is that RHEL6 is on 1.0.1e:

I was only thinking of requiring 1.0.2 on Windows. On other platforms,
the configure tests work fine, and there's no problem supporting older
versions. You just won't get tls-server-end-point channel binding
support on older versions.

- Heikki