Re: Apache + PHP + Postgres Interaction

От Hannes Dorbath
Тема Re: Apache + PHP + Postgres Interaction
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 24.08.2007 00:43, Hannes Dorbath wrote:
> Bill Moran wrote:
>> I guess I just feel that "broken" is a bit of a harsh term.  If
>> your expectations are for full-blown connection management from
>> pconnect(), then you will be disappointed.  If you take it for
>> what it is: persistent connections, then those limitations would
>> be expected.
>
> It's broken because persistent connections get randomly garbage
> collected where they should not. So broken in the sense of bugged.
> Expect connections to die for no reason, especially under load.

How did you verify that? It will spawn a new connection silently, if the
old got dropped. Did you really verify your logs, that you don't get
more new connections than Apache spawns workers? This might not be
noticeable for you, if you are running Apache. In a FCGI environment
where you have a fixed amount of workers, you notice new connections, as
there should not be any.

--
Regards,
Hannes Dorbath