Fwd: [NOVICE] Autocommit in Postgresql

От Vitaly Belman
Тема Fwd: [NOVICE] Autocommit in Postgresql
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Anyone has an idea? On the subject?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Date: May 12, 2005 5:43 PM
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] Autocommit in Postgresql
To: Vitaly Belman <vitalyb@gmail.com>
Cc: Olivier Thauvin <olivier.thauvin@aerov.jussieu.fr>, Postgresql
Novice <pgsql-novice@postgresql.org>

Vitaly Belman <vitalyb@gmail.com> writes:
> That's the problem... Is there a way to make it implicitly open a
> transaction? For example now in pgAdmin when I play with SQLs I have
> to do begin and rollback constant because whenever a query fails it
> refuses to do anything at all until I "rollback", and then of course I
> have to do "begin" again unless I want my queries to be real.

pgAdmin really should offer some kind of setting to help you with that.
Try asking the pgadmin gurus (I am not sure if any of them read this
list).
                       regards, tom lane

-- ICQ: 1912453AIM: VitalyB1984MSN: tmdagent@hotmail.comYahoo!: VitalyBe

От: cathy.hemsley@powerconv.alstom.com
Сообщение: if strings have£ (pound) characters pgadmin displays empty strings