Re: Fwd: [NOVICE] Autocommit in Postgresql

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: Fwd: [NOVICE] Autocommit in Postgresql
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Vitaly Belman wrote:

>>That's the problem... Is there a way to make it implicitly open a
>>transaction? For example now in pgAdmin when I play with SQLs I have
>>to do begin and rollback constant because whenever a query fails it
>>refuses to do anything at all until I "rollback", and then of course I
>>have to do "begin" again unless I want my queries to be real.

Apparently I don't really understand the problem. If you don't
explicitely open a transaction, everything you execute within one
execute command will be processed within one transaction by the backend.
If you want to execute step by step, just mark the commands and hit F5.

> (I am not sure if any of them read this list).

At least I am not on the list, so please continue crossposting if
applicable.

Regards,
Andreas