Re: Time to drop plpython2?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Time to drop plpython2?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15.11.21 20:26, Tom Lane wrote:
> * Our docs claim the minimum 3.x version for pl/python itself is 3.1,
> but this is unbacked by any testing; the oldest 3.x in the buildfarm
> is 3.4.3 (three such animals).

I confirmed locally that 3.2.6 still works with PL/Python.  I expect
that Python 3.1 also still works, except that I can't build it at the
moment.  Python 3.0.* was sort of a dud, so it's not really interesting
to consider.

Partially because of the need to keep supporting Python 2, there hasn't
been any work done in PL/Python to make use of any newer APIs, so the
Python 3 minimum version is frozen in time at the moment.