Re: [ADMIN] Autovacuum after bulk data insert(millions!)

От Thomas Markus
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Autovacuum after bulk data insert(millions!)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

Am 17.10.17 um 13:37 schrieb Günce Kaya:
Hello Fabrízio,

Thank you for your advice but I'm not asking for only a specific table and not looking for temporary solution. Previous post may not clear to much and I'd explain again.

So autovacuum process takes long time for that database. I don't know how can I estimate timing for a vacuum after insert millions of bulk data to a table. So there are many table inserting bulk data daily. This solution not for only a table. I'm looking a solution for a database. Data volume of this database is around 2GB so many transactions in a day.

This is only suggestion and I'm really curious because can not estimate what do you think about that, what if disable autovacuum and vacuum all tables in every month?

Regards,
Gunce
works same for a database, so it depends on your usecase

* disable autovacuum for instance
* run 'vacuumdb -a -z' manually/in cron

Regards
Thomas

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Autovacuum after bulk data insert(millions!)
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Autovacuum after bulk data insert(millions!)