Re: Unable to restore compressed file.

От Guido Barosio
Тема Re: Unable to restore compressed file.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

    I wasn't sure, but checking the documentation I've found that both pg_dump and pg_restore don't allow the "-u" switch, but yes "-U <username" case.

Check (for pgsql 8):
    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/app-pgdump.html
    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/app-pgrestore.html

Best regards,
Guido

On 12/8/05, Tan Chen Yee < tancy@gussmanntech.com> wrote:

I used pg_dump -u -F c -f E:\Temp\Test.tar.gz TestDB to backup. Then, I dropped and recreated TestDB.

However, I failed to restore with this command pg_restore -u -F c -d TestDB E:\Temp\Test.tar.gz.

Here is what I got :

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] connection to database "TestDB" failed: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres"

I don't understand why the password is invalid. I am sure I used that password to create backup as well.

How should I restore the gz file ?

Thanks !

Tan

--
"Adopting the position that you are smarter than an automaticoptimization algorithm is generally a good way to achieve lessperformance, not more" - Tom Lane.