Re: [HACKERS] removing tsearch2

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] removing tsearch2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 02/10/2017 10:18 AM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

>>> +1
>>
>> OK, that's three votes in favor of removing tsearch2 (from core,
>> anyone who wants it can maintain a copy elsewhere).
>
> +1.
>
> I'd also be in favor of either removing contrib/isn, or changing it so
> that the ISBN country code prefix enforcement went away. That would
> actually not imply and real loss of functionality from a practical
> perspective, since you can still enforce that the check digit is
> correct without any of that. I think that the existing design of some
> parts of contrib/isn is just horrible.

+1 to quick-fix it, -1 to just delete it.

There's a bunch of these things in /contrib which really ought to be
PGXN extensions (also CUBE, earthdistance, etc.).  However, one of the
steps in that would be getting the mainstream platforms to package them
so that users have a reasonable upgrade path, so I would not propose
doing it for 10.

--
Josh Berkus
Containers & Databases Oh My!