Re: Load balancing in postgres master slave HA cluster

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: Load balancing in postgres master slave HA cluster
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 19/2/19 11:13 π.μ., soumitra bhandary wrote:
P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}
Hi ,

Any one has experience on working with HA proxy set up with Postgres Master Slave replication  .
HAProxy does not know the specifics of pgsql protocol neither does it parse queries. So your infrastructure has to know in advance which activity should be redirected to the readonly port and which to the readwrite port. So in essence you will have to have at least two datasources defined .

You may find this helpful : https://severalnines.com/blog/postgresql-load-balancing-using-haproxy-keepalived

Query :  I would like to divert the Write requests to Master and all read requests to Slave server .

To achieve that can I use HA proxy server ? If any one has already implemented the same . Please share me the steps .

Or ,

Any other method can be used to achieve the same using freeware .

Thanks
Soumitra

--
Achilleas Mantzios